Agricultural and Extension Field Officers (x2)
REPORTS TO: Agricultural and Extension Manager
• To assist in the attainment of the Fund's cashewnut production growth strategy by effectively implementing, monitoring and evaluating the cashew planting projects.
• Liaising and working closely with District Subject Matter Specialists of Cashewnut.
• To assist clients in timely preparation of needed planting materials.
• To assist timely distribution of planting materials to nursery producers and farmers. ups to ensure that all distributed seeds and seedlings are planted and well kept to growth.
• Training and capacity building to farmers and village/ward extension officers on good agricultural practices.
• Maintaining up to date directory of cashewnut farmers.
• To assist in ensuring that all contractual obligations are complied with, including contracts signing, timely supply, production, distribution, documentation and payment for all services related to the project.
• Performing projects monitoring and evaluation.
• Perform any other duties assigned by superiors.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Good University degree in Agronomy, Agriculture (General), Agricultural Education & Extension or equivalent qualification from recognised institutions.
• At least two years of post-qualification experience in a similar or higher position with a reputable organisation.
• Proficiency with computer application packages like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Access and Power Point is essential.
• Proven good track record of integrity, innovativeness, hardworking and self-confidence.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ready to undertake field assignments.
• Knowledge or experience in projects management and logistics will be an added advantage.
Successful candidates will work under a contract of one year, renewable upon satisfactory performance and project continuation.
A competitive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience related to the advertised post.
Hand written applications accompanied by CV, certified copies of degree certificates, academic transcripts, testimonials and any other supporting documents should reach the undersigned not later than two weeks from the first appearance of this advertisement. Only persons who meet minimum requirements should submit their applications. Short listed candidates will be notified of the date and venue of the interview.
The Executive Secretary,
Cashewnut Industry Development Trust Fund',
P. O. Box 1252,