Background:The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year program funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development under Cooperative Agreement AID-OAA-14-000001. AIDSFree is implemented in multiple countries by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH. AIDSFree advances the implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level.
In Tanzania, AIDSFree is implementing the program “Strengthening Comprehensive HIV and TB Service Delivery to Tanzania’s Uniformed Services,” which provides support to the police and prison services managed by the Tanzania Ministry of Home Affairs. AIDSFree will be implemented in three geographical zones: Southern highlands (Iringa, Njombe, Mbeya and Ruvuma), Coastal Zone (Zanzibar, Lindi, Dar es Salaam, Morogoro and Tanga) and Central/Lake Zone (Tabora, Shinyanga, Mwanza, Singida, Dodoma and Manyara). In each zone, AIDSFree will be supporting around 10-15 sites.
Job Title: Program Officer (PO)
Location: Dodoma (1), Mbeya(1), Mtwara (1), Mwanza (1)
Reports to: Zonal Technical Advisor (ZTAs)
The Program Officer will support ZTA in providing Technical support to health care providers in AIDSFree supported Police and Prisons health facilities in the provision of HIV/AIDS and TB prevention, care and treatment. The POs will provide technical assistance in areas of HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT), Provider Initiated Testing and Counseling (PITC), Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT), Adult and Pediatric Antiretroviral Treatment (ART) as well as TB/HIV collaborative activities.
1. Support the Implements AIDSFree Uniformed Service Strategies and activities as described in the project documents and workplan;
2. Serves in the Program Technical support team, in the components of comprehensive HIV and TB prevention, Care and treatment (HCT, PMTCT, TB/HIV, adult and pediatric HIV care and treatment) and monitoring and evaluation
3. Organizes and facilitates AIDSFree supported meetings, workshops, trainings and other events in their respective zones;
4. Ensures that AIDSFree-supported clinical care activities conform to current Tanzanian national guidelines;
5. Supports the process of data collection, analysis, use and dissemination for improving HIV and TB service delivery at site level;
6. Prepares and timely submits quality program reports related to provision of HIV and TB services in the respective zones; and
7. Represents AIDSFree in their respective zones;
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Medical Degree is mandatory; Masters of Public Health Training will be an added advantage.
2. Minimum of five years (two of which MUST be clinical work in a health facility) experience working with HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment programs.
3. Relevant experience with PEPFAR funded programs. Experience in USAID rules and regulations strongly desired.
4. Experience organizing and facilitating trainings, workshops and meetings.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
6. Proven verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to write technical documents and give state-of-the-art presentations.
7. Ability to travel in the zones up to 60% of the time building capacity of facility based health care providers, RHMTs and CHMTs.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application letter one page maximum indicating the suitability of the applicant for the position and the preferred location and CV with three referees. Applications should be Delivered Physically to JSI office located along Oysterbay Area , PLOT No 2, Mkwara road. The deadline for accepting applications is 5th November, 2016. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.