ACDI/VOCA, an International NGO with Headquarters based in Washington, D.C., is currently advertising for the position outlined below for the Cereals Market System Development (CMSD) Activity. CMSD is a four-year project funded by The United States Age, for International Development (USAID), which promotes economic growth by facilitating the competitiveness of the smallholder-based rice and maize value chains, especially in rural areas.
The Grants Assistant is a member of the CMSD Grants team. The primary role of the Grants Assistant is to work with the Gran. Manager to ensure that grants are executed in an efficient and timely manner, in full compliance with ACD/VOCA grants policies and procedures, as well as USAID rules and regulations. The Grant& Assistant works with the Grants Manager on ensuring the integrity and transparency of the process of identifying grantees and the procedures used to award them. S/he ensures that processes and procedures are clear and clearly communicated to staff, applicants, grantees and subcontractors.
- Participate in improving/clarifying processes and procedures for awarding and administering grants, and propose corrective action when these are unclear or causing unnecessary delays
- Collect and safely store received prequalification applications and submit to Grants Manager for processing Distribute grant applications to evaluation committee and with collaboration with Grants Manager, perform Pre-Award Assessments
- Coordinate approval of milestones/deliverabies and payments to grantees
- Ensure that all grants files are well filed and property documented according to the grant documentation checklist requirement
- Ensure and Make proper filing and documentation of Grantees files with respect to the grant documentation check list
- In the absence of Grants Manager, serve as a non-voting member of the grant application evaluation committee
- Identify and document any problems or shortcomings of grantee performance, recommend corrective actions, and communicate these to the Grants Manager and appropriate personnel in timely fashion
- Review and analyze grantee budget estimates for allow ability and reasonableness, and consistency and routinely spot check visit grantees to ensure that funds allocated are used for specified purposes
- In close collaboration with Grants Manager, conduct internal training sessions on CMSD grants Processes including the preparation of grant applications, financial management and reporting requirements
- In close collaboration with Grants Manager, conduct mandatory training for all grantees regarding administration and technical reporting requirements
- Engage and facilitate interaction with our technical team to ensure that roles and responsibilities in the granting ()MGM are clear and clearly communicated
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or related field with at least 1.2 years of work experience in Grants Management, Accounting, or Finance
- Proven knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, preferred with International NGO experience.
- High level of English, both spoken and written English,strong communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should submit an application letter describing why he/she is the best fit for this position, and a curriculum vitae detailing relevant work experience with three referees to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 21st October 2016 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.