Monday, 17 October 2016
Job Opportunity at The British High Commission, Customer Care Officer
A vacancy has arisen at the British High commission for an A2 (L) Estate Assistant – Customer Care Officer to join the Estates Team.
Main Purpose of the job:
The main contact person at the Estate section managing maintenance schedules and coordinating information between tenants/suppliers/landlords/Estate and Security Department and the Technical team.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Main point of contact for British High Commission families regarding estates (housing) issues.
• Receiving requests for maintenance works, scheduling of works and prioritizing them according to urgency. Keeping staff informed of action being taken in their accommodation, including expected timescale for action and completion
• Assisting in the search for suitable new properties for British High Commission officers and their families. Planning for new arrivals in Tanzania including allocation of furniture and essential items.
• Accurate recording of property information on the British High Commission “Pyramid” IT system.
• Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services offered by contractors to achieve maximum value for money. Project management and coordinating the work of contractors. Liaising with contractors and landlords whenever necessary
Essential qualifications and experience:
• Communication skills, computer literacy(Word &excel)
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili
• Must have good customer service skills coupled with an ability to handle difficult customers.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
• Experience in working in an International Organisation
• Previous experience in estates management
• Diploma or degree in a relevant field preferable
• Clean and valid driving licence adds advantage
• Delivering at Pace
• Delivering value for money
• Demonstrating Resilience
• Managing quality service
-All applicants must be legally able to work in Tanzania with the correct visa/status or work permit.
-The British High Commission in Dar es Salaam is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
-Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Dar es Salaam are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Tanzania’s employment law.
-Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
-Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
-If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
The closing date is 27 October 2016 and no further applications will be accepted after this date.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.