Friday, 14 October 2016
Job Opportunity at Compassion lnternational Tanzania (CITZ), Health Specialist Lead
The Health Specialist interprets and contextualizes global physical development outcomes and indicators in the three core ministries. Supports the implementation of health as a subject matter expert, collaborator in curriculum development, and group-level trainer. Monitors and evaluates physical development outcomes, indicators and activities.
The Health Specialist reports to the Training and Support Manager.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
1. The inherent requirement of the job and organization requires a persona who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion and faithfully upholds Compassions ministry in prayer.
2. Working within one's influence, serves as an advocate for children around the world who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves.
This includes being informed about the issues of children and influencing others to care about children who are in need.
3. Interpret and contextualizes global physical development and health parameters as captured in the PFM.
4. Available as subject matter resource to Partnership Facilitators, Child Survival Specialists, Trainers, and other staff. Delivers content to Partnership Facilitators, Trainers, and other stakeholders’ al1d maintains expertise on physical development and health theory and practices.
5. Works with Partnership Facililator and industry resources to identify needs, resources and trends. Networks with professional counterparts and identifies possible resources and alliances to benefit three core ministries.
6. Supports, as a part-of the Training and Support, Department, the development and implementation of physical development and health curriculum for the the 90 ministries '(where applicable).
7. Participates in the design and utilization of the Monitoring and Evaluation Process for physical development outcomes. Collaborates with key stakeholders and analyzes reports and epidemiological trends.
8. Delivers learning opportunities within the health specialization. Delivers training on different platforms/blended learning to mid-to-Iarge group events.
Knowledge. Skills and Abilities Required
1. The inherent requirement of the job and organization requires a mature Christian person, with evangelical Christian values; a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and above reproach in integrity and honesty.
2. University master's level degree, or equivalent experience, in human medicine, Nursing or Public Health.
3. Three years' experience in primary and preventative health care field.
4. Ability to effectively train non-medical personnel in basic health subjects and help lay leadership adapt best practices to the local context.
5. Ability to integrate and analyze health data and provide clear reporting, interpretation and recommendations on health strategies.
Q. Ability to network and build partnership opportunities with other organizations.
6. Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal abilities to develop support with the staff and to interact with churches and partner projects.
7. Computer literate, experience with the internet, applications of Microsoft Office and presentation software.
8. Ability to speak read and write 'English, including the demonstrated ability to write professionally presented proposals.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of this job. It may be necessary for a person to perform other tasks as-needed.
Interested and suitably qualified Tanzanians should forward their applications on or before 21st October 2016, including application letter, a referral letter from his/her pastor, referral letter of good conduct from his/her ward/village executive leader with full contact details and seal, a detailed up to date CV, 2 current passport size photographs and copies of all academic and professional credentials to:
Compassion lnternational Tanzania (CITZ),
P. O. Box.3064,
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.