Wednesday, 26 October 2016
Job Opportunity at Family Health International (FHI360), Health Advisor
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries including Tanzania.
FHI 360 is now seeking qualified and dynamic candidates in various positions listed below to join the team for the USAID-funded Comprehensive Health Services Delivery (CHSD) Project in Tanzania.
The purpose of the CHSD project managed by Deloitte Consulting Ltd in partnership with FHI360, Engender Health and MDH is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between health facilities and communities, with a focus on preventive and curative services for HIV/AIDS, TB, FP, Malaria, and MCH. The project will have its presence in Njombe, Iringa, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara, and Ruvuma (malaria only) and target its resources toward areas with high HIV and TB prevalence. Special emphasis will be placed on increasing access and service utilization for women and youth. The project supports the Government of Tanzania and aims at achieving HIV epidemic control and integrating MNCH, FP, TB and malaria care through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
FHI360 role in technical direction of the project is (1) to optimize the continuum of care, so that the linkages, referrals, and systems connecting various services within and between health facilities and communities are seamless. mHealth platforms will play an important role to enhance referrals and adherence as well as client-centered care in health facilities and communities that is responsive to the preferences, needs and values of patients which includes a differentiated care model to address barriers to care; and (2) to integrate HIV, TB, FP, malaria and MCH services tailored to the specific needs of each targeted area in order to increase the number of individuals who can access a wider range of services that meet their multi-faceted needs in a more convenient way and increase cost-effectiveness of the services provided.
Position Responsibilities include:
• Providing information and communications technology leadership for the development and strengthening of mHealth solutions along the continuum of HIV, malaria, and RCH/FP care provision from communities to facilities and from diagnostics and referral to adherence and retention in care as per CHSD results framework for integrated HIV, malaria, and RCH/FP approaches.
• Accelerating implementation of the National eHealth strategy and improving the quality of mobile data collected while maintaining the highest degree of patient-level confidentiality.
• Liaising with ICT department MOHCDCEG, participating in task forces and sharing project lessons learned with Government and stakeholders.
• Extending and expanding the SMS Reminder system for clients on repeat appointments (ANC, FP, ART treatment, etc.) developed for HIV by MDH to all supported facilities in the CHSD project.
• Providing CHW’s, ADDOs and their facility HCWs contact points in the scale-up districts with cost-effective mobile phones and one comprehensive, customized mobile application case management system to pilot and expedite client registration; facilitating referrals to HIV, malaria, TB, and MNCH/FP, pre-notifying the referred facility; transmitting reminders to clients, and tracking their progress through the continuum of care.
• Designing, developing, and delivering mobile device and mobile application training to end-users and facility technical staff.
• Developing and implementing systems for peer-mentoring on the use of mobile device and application.
• Developing and implementing systems for the provision of mobile application technical support to end users, project staff, and stakeholders.
• Promoting and managing the M4RH mobile FP platform in the project areas.
• Promoting faster and more accurate data collection and increased access to learning platforms and national tools.
• Developing/strengthening a DHIS2 mobile data collection application for CTC2, PMTCT, and HBC with built-in data validation checks and offline mode capabilities for health care workers and data clerks at facilities, enabling them to quickly populate and submit accurate health information based on the Mtuha registers.
• Exploring integration of a barcode-based laboratory specimen identification methodology with the DHIS2 mobile data collection application. Evaluating solutions and reporting.
• Documenting lessons learned from mHealth approaches in CHSD for a broader audience including the m-Community of Practice, stakeholders, donors, and interested parties.
• In collaboration with regional teams-developing, implementing, and monitoring supportive supervision and QI initiatives for mHealth of trained facility staff, outreach teams, and community health workers. Organizing a system for mentoring where required.
• Remaining informed of current applicable experiences of partners and relevant practices in other countries and published literature.
• In collaboration with management teams, implementing training programs on m-health.
• Collaborating with QI teams of LGA staff to strengthen quality improvement systems for mHealth interventions.
• Working with M&E team to monitor and evaluate progress and impact of activities and guiding operational research studies.
• Documenting project results and impacts in various forms, including media stories, lessons learned, case studies, etc.
• Supervising direct reports with particular focus on their key tasks and the quality of project deliverables.
• ICT degree with at least 5-7 year’s relevant experience with mobile programs.
• Experience with use of mobile technologies in the health sector (public and/or private).
• Working knowledge of national mHealth policies and strategies.
• Experience in and understanding of the use of data in the health sector’s HIV and RCH/FP programs using routine program data (Mtuha, DHIS2)
• Ability to work well with others in teams and to develop and maintain team spirit among project staff, sub-grantees, facility- and community staff, as well as consultants.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Access Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
• Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 50%.
Please send your application and a detailed CV, photocopies of academic certificates and testimonials and names and contacts of 3 referees to:
Human Resources Department,
P.O. Box 78082,
Dar es Salaam
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.