Tuesday, 4 October 2016
Job Opportunity at Montrose, Tanzania Coordinator
Montrose has been contracted by DFID to undertake a four-year programme entitled USEDATA – ‘Using Extractive Data for Transparency and Accountability’ (2015-2019). The programme aims to support governments, civil society and industry to make better use of the rapidly expanding pool of publicly available extractive industry data for accountability and improved policy-making.
The programme will launch four multi-faceted data pilots in four countries; Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria and Myanmar. The country data pilots will see the launch of a suite of digital and non-digital extractive industries open data solutions including, user-friendly country dashboards, issue-specific sub-dashboards and a number of offline data solutions. Capacity building for a range of potential users, parliamentarians, journalists and local communities is also envisioned.
Montrose is seeking to identify an experienced and suitably qualified Coordinator for the programme’s Tanzania Data Pilot and for broader representation of Montrose as appropriate.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Support the identification of key stakeholders in Tanzania
• Develop and maintain linkages with key stakeholders on request from the USEDATA Programme Director
• Consult with identified stakeholders within civil society, government, and extractive industry
• Maintain and coordinate communication with the USEDATA Consultative Group (UCG)
• Support the collection of in-country data as identified and prioritised by the technical team
• Provide inputs and gather information in-country including key issues, political and environmental considerations and stakeholder issues
• Support the identification, planning and implementation of the Tanzania data pilot activities
• Compile country-level information for inputs to project reports and other documents
• Support the drafting of inputs for country-level project reporting
• Monitor, evaluate and report on the progress and outputs of the Tanzania data pilot as per the results framework
• Represent Montrose within the country as appropriate
• Any other duties that arise for which engagement is appropriate
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of five years’ experience in Tanzania related to the extractive industries sector with some experience engaging with locally affected communities
• Deep contextual knowledge and understanding of Tanzania
• Extensive knowledge and background of Tanzania’s extractive industries sector
• Experience engaging with private, public and civil society sectors in Tanzania and able to move between players, building trust and common goals
• Sufficient understanding of open data
• Track record of working in a team and ability to work remotely
• Extensive experience in research and data collection
• Excellent experience with stakeholder engagement, preferably in Tanzania
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of DFID and other large donors
• Proficient computer skills, in particular Microsoft applications
Online Application, Click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.