Monday, 17 October 2016
Job Opportunity at PASHA Events, Event Organiser and Manager
Event Organiser and Manager
PASHA Events is a newly formed company providing high-quality spaces to make sure your weddings, conferences, exhibitions, birthday parties, and other social events, are memorable and special. We are located in Bwiru, Mwanza, overlooking onto Lake Victoria. We are currently looking for an Events Organiser/ Manager to join the growing team. The Event organiser/ Manager are responsible for the production of events from conception through to completion. The Event organiser/ Manager will work to identify customers and clients from the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
The position will require office/admin tasks as well as travel to visit potential clients, partners, sponsors, venues and other suppliers. They may be required to work indoors or outdoors, in all weather conditions, to plan and deliver events.
The role of Event organiser/ Manager is hands-on and will involve working as part of a team. The Event organiser/ Manager must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills, and attention to detail. They must work well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event. The Event organiser/ Manager will work under the supervision of the Director of PASHA.
Responsibilities (responsibilities may vary depending on the type of event)
• Researching markets to identify opportunities for events;
• Liaising with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements;
• Producing detailed proposals for events, when required (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets, speakers for the event);
• Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire, and general staff hospitality and briefings;
• Planning room layouts and entertainment programme, scheduling test-runs;
• Selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners;
• Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
• Liaising with clients to create a brand for the event and organising the production of tickets, posters, catalogues and sales brochures, plus social media coverage;
• Overseeing the end/ removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently;
• Post-event evaluation.
Salary to be discussed based on experience and performance.Working hours will be regular but may involve unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event.
Qualifications and Skills
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail;
• Project management experience;
• Time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure;
• Problem-solving skills and diplomacy;
• Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills;
• Sales and/or marketing skills;
• The ability to manage budgets;
• Fluency in Kiswahili and knowledge of English;
• A flexible and adaptable approach.
If interested in the position please email your CV and Cover Letter in English or Kiswahili to firstname.lastname@example.org . by 18th October 2016, Subject ‘Events Organiser/ Manager PASHA’
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.