PowerGen Renewable Energy
Position: Customer Engagement Associate
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Start Date: Immediate
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
Customers are at the center of PowerGen’s business model. First, PowerGen must select and connect the best potential customers. Armed with proprietary customer data collected by PowerGen surveyors, the Grid Development team needs to choose which customer to connect to our micro-grids. Once they are connected, the Grid Operations team must exceed expectations and provide excellent customer service to maintain customers given alternative energy sources and providers.
PowerGen is working to move beyond basic service to provide premier customer service and engagement throughout our relationship with customers. Managing current customers involves quickly resolving all customer complaints as they arise, but is primarily focused on proactively engaging customers to improve their service quality and overall experience. There is a continued focus across the company to drive customer engagement projects to improve customer satisfaction and energy use. Some projects include: customer outreach methodology and execution (by phone, in person, surveys, etc.), electricity tariff education and marketing campaigns, strategies for detecting and discouraging fraud, improved customer selection criteria, etc.
As a Customer Engagement Associate you will be a key member of the PowerGen Grid Operations team, focusing on supporting our East African customers who use electricity from our micro-grids each day. You will report to Vice President Grid Development and Grid Operations and you will work with all existing PowerGen customers.
A more complete – but by no means exhaustive – list of responsibilities is provided below:
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Providing post-installation customer service to micro-grid customers via phone and online channels as well as in-person through customer engagement site visits.
- Gathering information on current micro-grid issues and creating an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) ticket for each issue escalating it to the PowerGen maintenance team when necessary
- Following up on all issues with customers, the PowerGen team, and external partners as necessary until each case is resolved
- Assisting with data gathering on the performance and customer behavior of PowerGen’s operational micro-grids.
- Working with village leaders, government officials and other business partners to improve current operations at existing micro-grids.
- Tracking OIRs and preparing reports for management on grid operations, customer feedback and other data.
- Coordinating logistics for field work, including transport, accommodation, and planning routes before embarking on any trips to the field.
- Supervising and training other team members during any and all of the above areas as needed.
What Excites You:
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Working both in the office and in the field
- Contributing to rural electrification in East Africa
- Building a clean energy future
- A passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
You Already Have:
- University degree
- 2+ years’ work experience
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications.
- Passion for serving and engaging customers.
- Knowledge of the energy, clean tech or utility sectors.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, with exceptional Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
Benefits and Compensation
A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events. And you'll be working with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
OR Please visit the PowerGen website (www.powergen.com) and use the link on the Careers page to submit your application, CV and cover letter.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.