Sunday, 9 October 2016
Job Opportunity at Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL), Application Deadline 14 Oct 2016
Job Title:Brewery/Site Finance Manager
Business Performance Manager
Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a market share of 17%. It is an integrated demand/supply business with 2 operational breweries in Dar and Mwanza, and a third one being built in Moshi, which is situated in the northern part of the country near the Kenyan border. SBL’s flagship brand is Premium Serengeti lager, which accounts for 85% of SBL sales volumes. The other beer brands are Uhuru and Kick. In addition SBL produces and markets Vita-Malt.
SBL operates in a competitive environment and in a vast geography. The main player in the beer industry is Tanzania Breweries Ltd. (TBL), a subsidiary of SABMiller, who until recently were a third party manufacturer of EABL brands Tusker, Pilsner and Guinness. As a result of the cessation of the agreement between TBL and EABL, there is heightened competitive activity in that market.
This position will work within the Finance team contributing towards the outputs/ targets of the department. This position also has responsibility for coaching and mentorship of the team members within the unit.
Purpose of Role:
To provide a dedicated management accounting and performance measurement service to the operations and logistics team involved in the manufacturing of beer and spirits. The supply business comprise of the operations and logistics, and each area has key controls that are necessary to mitigate against financial loss while providing financial visibility on packaging, brewing processes for both beer and spirits as well. The role also doubles up as stock accountant for the business.
1. Coordinate the monthly and annual stock counts across all stock categories. Ensure that all the stock variances are fully explained.
2. Ensure that all raw materials and components used in the month are issued to process orders within the month.
3. Ensure that the monthly stock variances are approved in line with SOA.
4. Ensure at all stock accounts are fully reconciled to the GL and Physical stocks on monthly basis
5. Supervise the stock analyst s both for the for Beer process and Empties process
6. Provide returns for payment of Excise duty on beer and spirit.
7. Ensure that adequate controls are maintained on the compliance issues
8. Monitor the status of stock obsolescence to ensure adequate provision is maintained.
9. Help drive delivery of reduced COGS through effective management accounting reviews.
10. Assist and plan development of (Drive out Costs)programmes with local management team.
11. Help drive visibility of costs through effective communication to management and line workers.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Qualified CPA/ACCA/ACMA or B.COMM
• Proficient in the use of ERP systems, preferably Tally, Maximo/SAP
• Sound people management skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge a team to deliver results
• Knowledge of all aspects of a finance function, including financial accounting and statutory reporting requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of Excel
• Knowledge of project management methodologies
• Experience of project costing and costing models
• Experience of working with staff at all levels in an organization
Online application, click HERE to Apply
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.