Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Job Opportunity at Twiga Bancorp Limited
Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL) is a fast growing Non-Bank Financial institution established under the Banking and Financial institution Act (1991 ).The Institution has five Branches, two in Dares Salaam and one each in Arusha, Dodoma arid Mwanza and sub branch at the Julius Nyerere international Airport and Nyerere Memorial Academy Kigamboni, Dar es Salaam as well as-a service outlet in Bunda. The Institution' is in the process of managing changes by reengineering its organizational structure, introducing new products and reinforcing efficiency and professionalism in its operations. The bank has recently migrated to a state-of-the art banking software. .ln order to effect the envisaged changes, the Institution invites suitable applicants to fill the' following posts:
JOB TITLE: Director Of Finance And Planning
(a) SALARY SCALE:
(b) APPOINTING AUTHORITY: Board of Directors
(c) RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive Officer
(d) ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS: Holder of Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, or equivalent from a recognized institution with Professional Accounting Certification i.e.
CPA (T) or ACCA or ICMA from recognized professional Institutions with not less than 10 years relevant working experience in a reputable firm,4 of which should be at senior Managerial level. Must have been registered by NBAA as authorized/certified Public Accountant.
(e) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Heading the Finance and Planning Directorate. '
• Ensuring efficient and economical administration of the directorate.
• Consolidate the TBCL's Financial Budget and Cash Flow projections.
• Consolidate the Institution's projected Financial Statements
• Preparation of detailed monthly and quarterly Financial Statements and sources and application of funds statements.
• Custodianship and controller of the TBCL funds and physical resources.
• Ensuring that accurate and comprehensive information pertaining to finance is promptly compiled and submitted as required by superiors.
• Maintaining and controlling expenditure within the Approved. Budget.
• Advising the Chief Executive Officer on optimum insurance cover on TBCL funds, physical and Human Resource.
• Maintaining an up to date Bank's assets register.
• Ensure the maintenance of all records pertaining to the TBCL's accounts to facilitate. the auditing of
• TBCL books by the Internal Auditors, External Auditors, and other relevant regulatory authorities.
• To ensure timely payment of Creditors, Salaries and Statutory obligations and maintaining books of accounts on the basis of accounting principles.
• Appraise staff performance in Finance, and Planning Directorate.
• Keep the Chief Executive Officer well informed about all Financial and Accounting matters.
• Performs any other duties a's may be assigned by the CEO
Applications should include the following:
Typed letter of application hand-signed by the applicant
Photocopies of relevant certificates
Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant
Name of at least two referees with complete contact details including office and residential address, postal address, fax number, telephone/ mobile telephone numbers and e-mail address and nature of relationship.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Twiga Bancorp Limited,
Dar es Salaam.
Physical address: Samora Avenue, Dar es Salaam
The Guardian 4 October, 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.