CIDTF is therefore looking for qualified, dynamic and experienced Tanzanians to fill the following vacancies:
POSITION: Project Accountants
REPORTS TO: Agriculture & Extension Officers
To assist in the attainment of the Fund's cashewnut production growth strategy by effectively implementing, monitoring and evaluating the cashew planting projects.
• Liaising and working closely with District Subject Matter Specialists of Cashewnut.
• Preparation and remittance of DSMSs monthly/quarterly allowances on timely basis.
• Preparation and remittance of supervision/development funds to the regions and districts to enable timely implementation of planned activities.
• Timely preparation and remittance of payments to suppliers, seedling producers, transporters and all other service providers related to the project.
• Provide financial advice to Agricultural and Extension Manager and other staffs.
• To maintain current directory of financial reports.
• Performing projects monitoring and evaluation.
• Prepare monthly financial report and submit to Agricultural and Extension Manager
• Perform any other duties assigned by superiors.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Good University degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification from recognised institutions.
• At least five (5) years of post-qualification experience in a similar or higher position with a reputable organisation.
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in English and Swahili.
• Solid proficiency with accounting software along with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Proven good track record of integrity, innovativeness, hardworking and self-confidence.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ready to undertake field assignments.
• Knowledge or experience in projects management and logistics will be an added advantage.
Successful candidates will work under a contract of-one year, renewable upon satisfactory performance and project continuation.
A competitive salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience related to the advertised post.
Hand written applications accompanied by CV, certified copies of degree certificates, academic transcripts, testimonials and any other supporting documents should reach the undersigned not later than two weeks from the first appearance of this advertisement. Only persons who meet minimum requirements should submit their applications. Short listed candidates will be notified of the date and venue of the interview.
The Executive Secretary,
Cashewnut Industry Development Trust Fund',
P. O. Box 1252,