Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Jobs at Twiga Bancorp limited (TBCL, Senior Network Administrator
Source Mwananchi,11th Oct 2016
Twiga Bancorp Limited (TBCL) is a fast growing Non-Bank Financial Institution established under the Banking and Financial Institution Act (1991). The Institution has five Branches, two in Dar es Salaam and one each in Arusha, Dodoma and Mwanza. The Institution also operates Sub -Branch activities at the Julius Nyerere International Airport, Kilimanjaro International Airport, Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy in Kigamboni - Dar es Salaam as well as a service outlet in Bundo - Mara Region. The Institution is in the process of managing change by reengineering its organizational structure, introducing new products and services and reinforcing efficiency and professionalism in its operations. The bank has recently migrated to a state-of-the art banking software with the aim of improving lt services-and product offering.
In order to effect the envisaged changes, the Institution• invites suitable applicants to fill the following post:
NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent and Pensionable
JOB TITLE: Senior Network Administrator
(a) APPOINTING AUTHORITY: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
(b) RESPONSIBLE TO: ICT MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
1. Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
2. Install and maintain network hardware and software.
3. Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
4. Evaluate arid modify system's performance.
5. Identify user needs and determine network and system requirements.
6. Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
7. Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
8. Design and deploy networks.
9. Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
10. Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
11. Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
Required Education & Experience:
Holder of B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or Information
Technology; Telecommunication; Electrical Engineering; Cisco
Certified or related computer studies with six years working experience in IT field in Banking Industry.
Proven experience of effective supervision, motivation and support of staff
Proven experience of providing or overseeing successful administrative support and office systems within a complex organisation
Experience of developing and maintaining information systems to support effective working
Experience of negotiating with external suppliers to" secure the best service deals
Experience of effective delegation
Required Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
Able to work accurately and under high pressure within fixed and short timeframes
Willing to work in a small team
Good organizational skills
Result and quality oriented
Good communication skills
Pro-active, self-starting approach.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Interested in process improvement.
Willing to adapt quickly to quick changes in direction.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Twiga Bancorp Limited,
P.O. Box 10119,
Dar es Salaam.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.