Country Program is seeking to recruit competent candidate for the following position.
Job Position: Admin Assistant -East African Youth Inclusion Program
Job Location; Mbeya
Provides key coordination in the daily operations of the Programs and provide direct assistance to the Country Program Manager in all' aspects, including operations management and execution of administrative functions, as well as liaising with various other departments at project regional offices on areas of work including, but not limited to, daily operations, communication, policies and procedures, and legal issues. Additionally, this position will be responsible for coordinating all Programs special projects initiatives and providing overall administrative support and assistance to EAYIP ensuring the day-to-day operations are carried out efficiently and effectively.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES (including approximate percentage effort)
1. Act as initial point of contact for the Country office by responding to both internal and external inquiries requests 10%)
• Handling and making follow up on all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
2. Working closely with the Administrator and travel agents to ensure that visits to .the projects are managed smoothly, professionally and efficiently. (10%)
• Assist with permit for staff attending workshops and conferences abroad
• Develop and maintain a central filing system
• Purchase and replenish office supplies as needed 4. Perform duties of logistician and .storekeeper.
3. Support and assist in the implementation of day to day EAYIP operations (40%)
1. Coordinate deadlines and priorities on a daily basis.
2.Coordinate production and proof read correspondence and presentations,
3. Manage the calendar of the Country Program Manager
4. Monitor office supplies and order as needed
5. Respond to written, oral and electronic inquiries to include screening and prioritizing correspondence, reports, presentations and other information for internal and external usage for the Country Program Manager,
6 Liaise with the Human Resources & Administration Coordinator to coordinate travel arrangements and scheduling for the Country Program Manager, including air travel, hotel reservations, carrental, required visas, immunizations, etc.
4. Plan and coordinate internal external meetings (30%)
5. In coordination with the Human Resources & Administration Coordinator, coordinate international and domestic travel, including "partner" and prospect meetings and conferences for teams 2. Coordinate room setup, refreshments, decor, and other necessary logistics
3. Prepare and distribute agendas and meeting materials,
4. Record minutes for meetings and events 5. Maintain the EAYIP meeting calendar,
6. Coordinate special projects such as the Country Program Manager's speaking engagements, luncheons, conferences and meetings with HPI staff, "partners", Steering Committee, volunteers, . donors and other individuals
5. Establish & manage EAYIP documentation and database systems (10%)
1. Assist in the production and creation of reports,
2 Maintain EAYIP legal documents,
3 Create and maintain files of program reports and other documents,
4. File incoming project documents as appropriate
5. Create, maintain and update a database for project engagements 6, Liaise with project regional offices on the development of operational policies and procedures and provide leadership to identify and coordinate administrative improvements within the program
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, social science, Secretarial
• Studies plus three (3) years of related experience
Job Position: Drivers- East African Youth Inclusion Program (4 positions)
Job Location; Mbeya, Iringa and Njombe
The Driver will maintain Heifer vehicles by ensuring they stay clean and receive regular scheduled maintenance. S/he will be responsible for receiving international visitors, driving staff or guests to project sites, and running office errands. This position, in conjunction with administrative staff, will be responsible for ensuring that all required permits and insurance are kept current by alerting the appropriate staff members in time for renewals.
a) Provide the necessary transport and delivery services to the Program.
Strictly observing Traffic Rules and Regulations and maximum speed limits as prescribed by the Traffic Laws of Tanzania.
b) Be conversant with the motor vehicle usage policy and ensure adherence to its content at all times. Ensure that motor vehicles have valid insurance well displayed at all times.
c) Ensure that Organization vehicle is serviced at the right mileage reading as provided in the manual and maintain vehicle cleanliness at all times.
d) Maintain and update all motor vehicle' records (repairs and services, fuel consumption and movement mileage records), Ensure that Vehicle log book and log sheets are available in each vehicle and security of all vehicle tools.
e) Support in other clerical duties as shall be directed by the supervisor e.g. photocopy, shredding, filing, etc. as well as in inventory management by ensuring that goods received are safely kept in the store.
I) Maintain adequate fuel levels for the generator at all times, Ensure I generator is in optimal working condition at all times
a) Secondary education with an A level certificate plus five (5) years' relevant experience in a non-profit developmental organization setting. Possession of a valid commercial driver's license. Certificate in defensive driving from a sanctioned driving institute is preferred
Apply through an e mail: Joyce.Mbise@heifer.org
Deadline: 2 December, 2016
Source: The Guardian 24 November, 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.