Friday, 18 November 2016
Job at Catholic Relief Services, Office Administrator
Job Title: Office Administrator
Department/Location MQ/Mbeya – Tanzania
Reports to: Administrative and Procurement Manager based in Dar es Salaam with dotted
line reporting to the PM/s based in Mbeya
Supervises Drivers and Project Office Cleaner
Coordinates with Mbeya project based office staff, Dar es Salaam team
Context CRS in Tanzania works in very close collaboration with the Catholic Churches and
implements programs through both Churches and secular local partners. CRS has
been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and
vulnerable children, agriculture, health, nutrition, microfinance and WASH
programming in Tanzania since 1962.
With funding from the UNICEF; CRS Tanzania is implementing two projects in
Mbeya region namely Accelerating Stunting Reduction Program (ASRP) and School
WASH. These projects are being implemented in collaboration with local CBOs
namely, Center for Counselling, Nutrition and Health Care (COUNSENUTH),
Sustainable Environment Management Action (SEMA) and Caritas Mbeya.
Primary Role The Office Administrator Oversees and assists in the coordination and effective
planning with all projects implemented in Mbeya and in other close regions. The
Office Administrator will work closely with Project Staff and Support staff based in
Dar es Salaam to make sure that all day-to-day office activities pertaining office
general administration, procurement, logistics and fleet are in compliance with
accepted CRS policies and procedures and donors’ requirements.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Administrative and
Procurement Manager based in Dar es Salaam with dotted line of reporting to the
Project Manager for ASRP and WASH in Mbeya and will carry out all tasks specified
in this JD in an appropriate manner as per the organization requirements.
A: Project Office Administration and Procurement:
1. Oversee and provide supervision to Mbeya project based office drivers
and cleaner and ensure completing of direct reports performance
management activities i.e. staff performance plans and development
plans are done, coaching sessions are conducted and year-end
evaluations/appraisals are completed and submitted to HR office in Dares-Salaam
for further office records and processing.
2. Ensure a reliable and timely provision of services related to the overall
facility management of the Mbeya project office such as repairs,
maintenance, drainage, office Luku, office supplies and consumables
and other utilities.
3. Coordinate with the Dar es Salaam office to ensure that service
contracts and leases for Mbeya project office are in place and are
renewed or terminated as and when needed.
4. Processes all purchase requests for Mbeya project office and coordinate
with Dar es Salaam office for LPO preparation for hotel accommodation,
project materials and staff travels and make timely follow-ups for
vendors’ payments through Dar es Salaam Office.
5. Ensuring that all requests for quotes clearly present all specifications
and requirements needed prior addressing them to Dar es Salaam for
action or directly asking for bids.
6. Identify potential suppliers for CRS regular purchases in order to ensure
competition, transparency, good quality and on time delivery.
7. Follow up on purchases and delivery of goods, services, quality and
other terms to ensure purchases are done on time and suppliers are in
compliance with signed contracts/LPO terms.
8. Solicit sealed bids as per CRS procurement guideline as and when
necessary and submit to Procurement office in Dar es Salaam.
9. Make sure all vendors understand CRS payment mechanism and
required documentations from vendor/s.
10. Oversee stationery and consumable stores. Approve requisitions for
stationery and consumables.
11. Maintain and update property inventory of project office assets and
equipment and make sure of its submission to Dar es Salaam office on
12. Maintain up to date PRF log book and share the same with project staff
based in Mbeya and procurement unit in Dar es Salaam for information
sharing purposes on monthly basis.
B: Fleet and Logistics management:
1. Ensure proper allocation of office vehicles as per projects’ need and
monitor fuel consumption for project office vehicles and supervisors’
motorbikes based in Mbeya.
2. Ensure that project office vehicles and motorcycles are in the best
possible operational conditions by ensuring timely preventive
maintenance, timely routine services and proper repairs.
3. Make close follow-up with field supervisors on the need for fuel and
make sure cash for fuel for the motorcycles are requested well in
advance to avoid any delays of field activities.
4. Make sure all the government fees including road licenses, road safety
stickers and vehicle insurance are paid on time and that drivers follow
government traffic rules and regulations and CRS’ policy/procedure re.
5. Maintain office vehicles’ keys and vehicle fuel cards in a secure place
and make sure keys are clearly labeled with specific vehicle’s # plates.
6. Make sure vehicles’ log sheets are properly completed by drivers and
endorsed by each trip team leader on due time and they are duly
reviewed and verified prior sending them to Dar es Salaam office for
7. Note and report accidents and incidents on due time to the Sr. Logistic &
Transport Officer based in Dar es Salaam for necessary follow-ups and
actions to high level management if any.
8. Verify records of all work done on each vehicle and on the respective
job cards “work order”.
9. Review and verify all the supporting documents pertaining fleet
department in Mbeya including drivers’ TEV and TA forms prior being
submitted to the next level for further approvals.
10. Ensure that both office and vehicles’ fire-extinguishers are regularly
serviced and first aid kits are periodically replenished in the office
11. Coordinate airport and in-town transfers for CRS staff and visitors
Key Relationships Internal: CRS staff based in Mbeya, both Program and Support, Procurement Officer,Snr. Logistics & Transport Officer and Procurement and Administrative Manager
based in Dar es Salaam Office.
External: CRS suppliers/vendors, office landlord, partners’ staff, governmental
departments, international and national NGOs based in Mbeya.
Desirable skills &qualifications:
Be a Tanzanian with a university degree (or similar qualifications) in Business
Administration, General Management.
Minimum of 3 years of working experience in the field of administration,
general management, procurement and or logistics and fleet management
with recognized international NGOs and or UN agencies.
Fluent in English (Oral and written) and good command on local language.
Excellent command on computer software i.e. spreadsheet applications i.e.
Microsoft Excel, Outlook and word processing.
Ability to draft clear and concise reports and correspondence.
Problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills.
Ability to learn quickly, strong self-training readiness.
Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills.
Capable to work in a multi-national/cultural environment.
Excellent time management and ability to prioritize
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Interested applicants are advised to send a CV of not more than three pages and a cover letter to Procurement and Administration Manager, through firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.