Tuesday, 15 November 2016
Job at Geita Gold Mining Limited, Exploration Technician
Position: Exploration Technician (Greenfields).
Contract Type & Duration: Fixed Term (1Year renewable).
Job Number: GGM-2016-XEX-14.
Work Station Dodoma Region or any other GFX site in Tanzania (Field based).
Number of Positions: 03.
Works For: Greenfields Exploration Manager.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant working experience.
• Proficient in a wide range of exploration practices and techniques, including geochemistry, structural geology, geological mapping, GIS, sampling methods, drilling and geophysical interpretation.
• Able to apply practical field experience and technical skills.
• Must have skills to apply accurate / appropriate techniques for:
Bore holes logging (core, RC, RAB ... )
Mapping (regolith, geology, structures, alterations ... )
Sampling (bore hole, trench, pit, geochemistry ... )
• Good knowledge of the exploration methods and mineralization systems, which guide the exploration process.
• Good awareness and abilities to manage safety, health and environmental requirements in the workplace.
• Fluent in English. Ability to effectively communicate in the local languages of the operation area is essential
Purpose of the Role:
Assist exploration Geologist in conducting geophysical, geological and geochemical survey program so as to complete exploration program within required work and target specifications, in budget and time allocated.
• Computer skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Exploration Technician (Greenfields) and/or quote the job detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining
Ltd, P.O.Box 532,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant's head of department. Application letters should reach the above on or before 23rd November, 2016 -17hr 30. Interviews will take place in Dodoma in January 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.