Tuesday, 15 November 2016
Job at Geita Gold Mining Ltd, Cook (Greenfields Exploration)
Cook (Greenfields Exploration)
Source Guardian,15th Nov 2016
Geita Gold Mining lid (GGMl) is Tanzania's leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold procucer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four or continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Westem Tanzania, only about 85 km's from Mwanza City and ~ 20 km's South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km's west of the fast growing ~ town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Oar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven 1 individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Cook (Greenfields Exploration).
Contract Type & Duration: Fixed Term (1Year renewable).
Job Number: GGM-2016-XEX-16.
Work Station Dodoma Region or any other GFX site in Tanzania (Field based)
Number of Positions: 01
Works For: Greenfields Exploration Manager
• A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
• A certificate in hotel management as an added advantage.
• Based in Dodoma or willing to relocate at own cost.
• Relevant cooking experience for large groups.
• Fluent in English.
• Ability to effectively communicate in the local languages of the operation area is essential
Purpose of the Role:
• Provide cooking support to the Greenfields Exploration Team in its various operations.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Prepare local and low level international food.
• Ensure hygienic kitchen environment.
• Order provisions on a weekly basis (Keep stock) for 10 - 25 people.
• Will be in charge of the kitchen.
• The ability to adopt and cope with Greenfield exploration environment.
• Able to speak and understand English language.
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Cook (Greenfields Exploration)and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Exploration Technician (Greenfields) and/or quote the job detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant's head of department. Application letters should reach the above on or before 23rd November, 2016 -17hr 30. Interviews will take place in Dodoma in January 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.