The International Rescue Committee (IRC) IRC Tanzania is present in the Kigoma Region, Northwestern Tanzania, providing services to refugees and host communities. Approximately 200,000 refugees, the vast majority from Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) receive protection and basic assistance in the areas of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Community Based Rehabilitation for persons with disabilities and special needs, and Gender Based Violence / Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE). In addition, IRC also implements child protection work in the host communities surrounding the camps, in Tanga region and in Dar es Salaam.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) seeks to recruit a qualified, energetic and motivated candidate for the post IT Officer
Supervisor: IT Manager
Location: Kibondo – Kigoma, Tanzania
- Ensure all IRC computers and printers in Kibondo are in working order. Advice IRC in the maintenance of computers, printers and other IT equipment as requested.
- Installation of Computer Software and Hardware.
- Ensure that IT standards meet at least IRC minimum hardware and connectivity standards
- Develop schedule of service for all computer Software, Networks and Hardware.
- Responsibility to implement and monitor various Database Programs.
- Undertaking general scheduled services of computer hardware and routine essential systems back up.
- Carry out normal routine services of all LAN systems and Internet connections for Kibondo field office, staff houses and camp.
- Train IRC staff and guests on the safe handling of computers and accessories. Train staff on basic IT functions and regular back up of data
- Supervise computer users and ensure that they are handling computers and accessories as per IRC procedures. Inform all computer users of any alert on virus attack to their computers.
- Ensure that no staff will do repairs or any tempering on computers software or hardware.
- Train staff on simple computer handling and replacing of parts like installing cartridges, back up. Ensuring that computer operations are not affected during his/her planned or unplanned absence.
- Support any new connectivity projects within the programs as implemented by IRC.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Information Technology with two year experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in software programming
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative required.
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Wed, Nov 23rd, 2016. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Send your application to: Tz-Recruitment@rescue.org
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.