Head Of Business Sales And Distribution
JOB SUMMARY: The Head of Business - Sales and Distribution has a primary responsibility of establishing, developing and growing Maxcom Africa's Ltd distribution network across the country while coordinating and implementing distribution plans and strategies as in line with the overall I company objectives and plans designed to increase the Maxcom Africa Ltd retail reach and ease of access to pas.
The Head Of Business - Sales and Distribution involvement will include but not limited to strategic activation of the trade, execution of the pas, and RTM planning and coordination to aide in meeting of the set goals. She/he will be responsible for regional development and penetration, overseeing retail trade Maxcom operations within the country, sale and distribution team management and coordination to ensure smooth service delivery at the pas.
1. Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
2. Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products. '
3. Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
4. Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
5. Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
6. Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
7. Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
8. Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results,
9. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed,
Implements the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan and performs market research and analysis.
11. Executes marketing campaigns for new products and services at the retail level.
12. Provide market feedback to the Business Development Director regarding the new market trends and any counter activity required in market
13. Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company's ambitious growth.
14. Planning and coordinating the implementation of sales and distribution plans including new markets entry and departmental budgets.
1. Ensures daily reporting to the Business Development Director on the Departmental development including Business operational status reports, recommendations and sales numbers.
2. To supervise the line managers and ensure smooth operations.
3., Chairs the line departmental meetings and ensures working up of deliberations.
4. Approval and Management of the departmental financial operational budgets
5. Appraisal of the employee’s performance
6. Dissemination of sales reports daily to the management team.
1. Business Acumen.
2. Strategic Thinking.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Customer/Client Focus.
5. Communication Proficiency,
6. Time Management.
7. Strong relationship builder.
SUPERVISION & COLLABORATION
The Business Manager - Sales and Distribution is under the direct supervision of the Business Development Director and adheres to the Maxcom Africa Ltd organizational framework and chain of authority,
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
Teams up with all the other Business Managers for the General management team and operations team which is the day to day company strategy execution oversight.
Supervision: Works independently under the supervision of Business Development Director within the approved country commercial strategies.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in business related field.
• Master's degree in business, marketing or related field will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of senior commercial management in a fast paced
• FMCG environment.
• Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
• Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment.
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of strong retail market management leadership
Interested and qualified candidates should drop their application letter with their resume and Photostat• copies of their testimonials to Maxcom Africa Ltd Office, Ground Floor at MILLENIUM TOWER - Makumbusho Area, Bagamoyo Road Dar es salaam. Or send via APPLY below
The applications to be addressed to:-
THE HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR,
MAXCOM AFRICA LTD,
P.O. BOX 31211,
DAR ES SALAAM
Closing date: Saturday, 19th November 2016 at 4.00pm. Only short listed indicates will be contacted