Dar es Salaam – Norwegian Church Aid
The Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is a Norwegian non-governmental and development organization working to promote Social Justice, Human Rights and Economic Justice for poor communities. NCA has its foundations based in the congregation of churches in Norway, whose efforts are dedicated towards eradicating poverty, its causes and social deprivation. In Tanzania, NCA works in collaboration with local partners.
Since 2015 Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is partnering with Royal Norwegian Embassy in Tanzania and Haydom Lutheran Hospital (HLH) on a four year agreement. NCA is now managing the grants from the Embassy to HLH. The ambition of the partnership is to lay the foundation for ending the hospital’s single-donor dependency. In addition to grants management, NCA is supporting the hospital with capacity development of hospital management, fundraising as well as advocacy. In this work NCA cooperate with Norwegian Diakonhjemmet hospital and the Christian Social Service Commission (CSSC).
NCA is looking for a structured and result oriented person with very good programme management skills and a good understanding of health care and social policies in Tanzania. The selected candidate will coordinate the implementation of the above mentioned partnership agreement and support HLH with capacity building, fundraising and advocacy (70%). The successful candidate will also support NCA's Resource Governance on tax funded social protection (30%).
1. Programme coordination: Provide continuous support to HLH and secure efficient programme implementation. Review programme plans, proposals and budgets, and carry out project monitoring and report writing.
2. Capacity building: Develop and facilitate a high quality capacity building programme on hospital management for HLH together with NCA head office senior advisor on health and relevant stakeholders.
3. Fundraising: In collaboration with NCA head office funding advisor, support HLH in increasing their funding source base, enhancing their capacity on mobilising funding and communicating results. Carry out dialogues with current and potential donors, including the Royal Norwegian Embassy.
4. Advocacy: Support and facilitate Haydom Lutheran Hospital in their effort to do effective advocacy towards Tanzanian authorities.
5. Resource Governance: Support NCA and partners’ work on resource governance and tax funded social protection.
6. Budget responsibility for relevant budget posts.
The selected candidate must be available for travel on short notice and travel between 70-90 days per year.
• Relevant development, public health, economy or policy education experience from health care.
• Minimum 3 years experience from public health or social policy work in Tanzania.
• Experience in coordinating people and processes
• Knowledge and understanding of health systems
• Experience from hospital management is an advantage
• Experience with fundraising is an advantage
• Experience in advocacy on health or social policy in Tanzania is an advantage
• Experience in work with faith based organisations is an advantage
• Fluency in English and Swahili, oral and written.
University, Master's degree
• Systematic, structured and result oriented
• Team player with good collaboration skills
• Very good communication skills
• Ability to train and build capacity
• Good people skills, including relationship building with donors
• The person who is to be employed has to be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid's Christian values
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to the address firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your name and include which position you apply for. E.g. <Mary Juma – Program Officer>. Certificates are not of interest at this stage, but should be brought to 2nd round of interviews. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. First and second rounds of interview will take place between 5-9 December. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is 30th November 2016.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.