As an Installation Lead your primary responsibilities are to deliver renewable energy systems and solutions to our clients. You will be installing, testing and commissioning those systems in a safe and professional manner. Your value to the company is directly related to your ability to manage teams of Installations Technicians on site and take responsibility for installing PowerGen solutions per our system designs. You will report directly to the Installation Manager or the VP of Installations who will communicate with you regularly in order to help you set goals and provide feedback on your progress towards achieving them.
What You'll Make Happen:
• Managing installation technicians during installations on site.
• Communicating system design and Fabrication requests to the Fabrication Manager and Workshop Manager
• Driving to installation sites for site visits, installations and periodic maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Travel throughout East Africa.
• Liaising with PowerGen’s Grid and Workshop Teams to ensure the correct materials are procured and installations for which you are responsible are completed successfully.
• Generating balance of materials required for installations.
• Completing all installation documentation including wiring diagrams, testing and commissioning sheets, installation reports, trip budgets, and expense reports.
• Properly utilizing internal systems (email, CRM, calendar) to maintain operational organization and help drive sales.
• Completing Bi-Annual self-review and collaborate with management on training progress and goals.
• Knowledge sharing – sharing your experience with and training colleagues.
You Already Have:
• 2+ years’ work experience in Electricity Distribution or Renewable Energy
• EWURA license – Class D or Above
• Technical engineering background and a demonstrated ability to learn the technical aspects of the PowerGen business and communicate in that language.
• Prior experience managing and growing teams.
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications.
• Intelligent and eager to learn.
• Tanzanian citizen or possessing valid Tanzanian work permit; experience working in Tanzania is a must.
• Highly organized and strong attention to detail a must.
• Hardworking and honest.
• Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Flexible and eager to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
• Valid Drivers’ License.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY