Wednesday, 16 November 2016
Job at Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB), Manager Credit Administration
Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized
Manager Credit Administrator (1position) to join the Retail Business Banking team. The work station is Dar es Salaam.
Reporting Line: Chief Manager MIS and Training
Locations: Head Office
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Division: MIS & Training
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
1. Handle a team in managing the daily administration for loan administration and
documentation in full compliance with the internal standards and external regulatory
2. Review loan documents and liaise with internal and external parties to ensure proper
and efficient delivery of credit administration duties.
3. Review daily system credit monitoring and management of reports;
KEY ROLES AND SPECIALIZATION
Six sigma approach towards process continuity and reductions in risk
Process mapping development with focus in business planning, evaluation and efficiency
management of the portfolios. Knowledge in support of New Business Development and Risk Analysis
Knowledge in applying Six tools for continuous Improvement Plans using DMAIC(define
Measure Analysis Improvement and Control) Experience in Leading Cross-function projections
Knowledge in Advanced Excel and Access
Knowledge in Oracle/Sybase system for data mining and integration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Handle a team in managing the daily administration for loan documentation in full compliance
with the internal standards and external regulatory requirements.
2. Review loan documents and liaise with internal and external parties to ensure proper and
efficient delivery of credit administration duties
3. Review daily system credit monitoring and management reports:-
Identify non performing accounts with irregularities and proactively follow-up to ensure
corrective action taken in line with credit policy
Identify first payment defaulters proactively follow-up to ensure corrective action taken
Administer portfolios on loan disbursement report on daily basis
Checking indemnity premiums movements
Checking correctness of interest revenue movements in the system
Checking of movement on recovery from charged off accounts
Preparing deduction and approval
Management of Audit queries from Branches and compilation of management replies to the
Maintained corporate policies in the customer credit and initial collection cycles.
Linking operative account with loan if correctly captures
Checking employers code if entered correctly in the system.
Administer Branch and Min Branches daily input data and reports
4. Generate, review and maintain daily loan disbursement reports for presentation to credit other
users, and provide weekly and monthly reports on the same, in accordance to the credit policy
5. Ensure all lending documentations is complete as per the banks’ policy and procedures with
respect to amount of loans, terms and conditions, borrower’s borrowing mandate, authorized
6. Ensure compliance with the internal policy, credit approval terms and conditions regulatory ratio /
policies before approving any new loans request.
7. Responsible for system collateral valuation, collateral monitoring and collateral reconciliation with
original documents to ensure compliance of coverage ratio.
8. Ensuring post disbursement compliance with approved terms and conditions, assignment of
rights, review expiry of credits, progress payment insurance.
9. Monitor all irregularities on past dues, documentation deficiencies, etc., and report to Senior
10. Administer reconciliation of all General ledger (G/L accounts) vs Subsidiary ledgers (SL) on
All suspense accounts
11. Facilitation to enhance service delivery
Make sure officers have all the necessary documents and facilities for their daily activities
e.g necessary manual, forms and stationary related to the banks’ loan portfolios
To support TAT to Branch and Mini Branch officers and Head Office team for all bank
products, and updating TAT tracker on daily basis
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in either of the following specialty:-
Banks and Social Security Administration,
Statistics and Business Finance
Economics and Business finance
Actuarial and financial analyst
Any related field with two years experience in Business and Banking industry
Experience on Equinox or any other reputable core banking system also may be added
High level of integrity.
Must be keen on details.
Excellent communication and report writing skills.
Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to:
email@example.com. Applications via other methods will not be considered.
Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications
starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted
during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in
any way be attached during application.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.