Vacancy: Services Manager
Applications are invited for the above position with ZNCCIA
The ZNCCIA seeks a suitably qualified and experienced person to immediately fill the role of Services
Manager. His/her main role will be to manage Business Information Centre, Information Resource
Centre and other respective projects and services running at ZNCCIA.
The appointment carries a competitive remuneration package.
At least Bilingual (Swahili and English) applicant should have a minimum of Bachelors Degree
in Business Management, Marketing or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
Five years related experience working in a senior position with considerable personnel, financial and
Significant supervisory experience will be an added advantage.
Proficient knowledge of computer systems.
Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills.
Outstanding time management skills.
Ability to communicate – verbal, non-verbal and listening skills with volunteers, members, peers, and coworkers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that projects/ activities under the Business Information Centre and Information
Resource Centre run smoothly;
2. Develop Program Plans and submit drafted plans to the ED and the Board;
3. Assure plans/projects are discontinued or revised as needed;
4. Be available to observe that various services provided by staff are being conducted and
5. Envision and recommend suitable measures to be taken to improve ZNCCIA financial
sustainability by advising on income earning activities including organization of trade fairs in
Zanzibar, organizing fund raising gatherings or other income generating activities;
6. Guide and support the activities of the ZNCCIA so as to bring the services of the Chamber
closer to the business community;
7. Initiate and plan seminars, workshops and training programme to enhance the capacity and
knowledge of the business community;
8. Conduct thorough studies of relevant local and international websites and other information
resources to source business information useful to the Zanzibar MSMEs;
9. Collect information using appropriate tools and consultative meetings in the areas of market,
technology and industrial processes;
10. Classifying, grouping and updating data necessary for the development of information
products and input business information into the database required by private sector;
11. Develop marketable sector specific information products and pricing based with the
assistance of Executive Director
12. Produce regular (at least monthly) bulletin with a list of information and services provided by
the BIC to be distributed to MSMEs and business community in Zanzibar
13. Maintain working relationship with local and national information providers and conduct
thorough studies of relevant local and international websites and other information resources to
source business information useful to the Zanzibar MSMEs
14. Develop BIC solutions specific for the MSMEs visited/met and send proposals of the same at
the earliest opportunity.
15. To coordinate proper reporting of ZNCCIA activities to the Executive Director, Board and other
relevant authorities. The reports should be weekly to the Executive Director, monthly to
respective Board Committee and quarterly to the respective funding partners.
Applications should include:
1. A detailed curriculum vitae containing full personal details;
2. Names and contact details of three professional referees who are prepared to provide testimonials
preferable the most recent employers and/or supervisors; and,
3. Indication of possible starting date, if successful.
All applications to be clearly labelled “Application for Services Manager”. ZNCCIA
encourages all interested applicants to send their applications through email to email@example.com
Or send to: The Executive Director, ZNCCIA, Livingstone House, P O Box 1407, Zanzibar.
For full details of the Services Manager’s responsibilities, or lodging an application, please visit the
website: www.znccia.or.tz. Alternatively, prospective applicants may contact the ZNCCIA
Administrative Secretary on telephone: +255 779 055 089 or direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 November 2016.
Late applications and those that do not submit all the requirements stated above will not be
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.