Job:Portfolio Manager - 90096196
Primary Location:TZ-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
Posting Range:27 Oct 2016 - Ongoing
Responsibility for the management of the portfolio(s) across the Credit Life Cycle in aggregate, which comprises of the following
• Product Planning
• Credit Initiation
• Account Maintenance
• Fraud Management
• Collections & Recoveries
• Responsible for developing and adhering to business mandate and scale triggers for all products
• Setting of product risk appetite and strategies
• Policy formulation / circulars – owner of the portfolio Risk policies and Procedures and Manuals
• Provide input into developing and review of Portfolio modelling
• Analysis of management Information with appropriate recommendations to the Head of Credit
• Liaison with product/business managers and owners
Initiate, agree and monitor Collection and Recoveries strategies
• Accountability for all Credit scorecard design, implementation and review Input into Junior Consumer Credit Risk staff Performance development
• Agree and be responsible for all change initiatives in portfolio
30-40% – Credit Risk Management Time Split
- In collaboration with the business counterparts, develop, implement and maintain credit risk strategies to optimally manage the performance of the portfolio
- Review and Implementation of credit policy and processes. Feed into business and credit policy development.
- Responsibility for personal & team adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls. Ensuring audit outcomes are satisfactory backed by conformance to policy and procedures including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
- Challenge pricing and profitability models in order to maximize value.
- Design, implement and maintain generic strategies for appropriate remedial action on poorly performing accounts in the portfolio
- Actively manage the performance of the portfolio(s) within agreed risk appetite.
30 - 40% – Portfolio Management Time Split
- Manage the portfolio within agreed risk appetite.
- Formulate strategies that drives growth while maintaining an acceptable level of risk to achieve agreed performance targets
- Develop a strong Risk/COO/Consumer Business partnerships
10 – 20 % – Leadership Time Split
- Develop a highly motivated team of portfolio analysts maintaining excellent relationships within own team and wider business to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Consider the training and development needs of the team and support the development and implementation of solutions.
- Ensure effective performance development and succession planning for the team.
• Strong intellect balanced by practical and pragmatic approach
• Strong internal and external networking
• Risk Management
• Business Management
• People management and coaching
• Communications (written and oral) and presentations
• Effective negotiation and influencing
• Strong Lending skills
Online application, Click HERE to APPLY
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.