Career with BRAC International
Program Manager Education, TanzaniaWith over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 135 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest nongovernmental organisation.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia, Africa and the Caribbean, making it a global leader in providing
opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare,
legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global South. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and selfmotivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Program Manager (Education), Tanzania
- Strategy formulation of institutionalization of BRAC Tanzania Education programme.
- Identifying potential areas within the education sector that require further research and analysis for drawing grants for the project proposals.
- Develop education project proposals in line with donor requirement, government policies and in collaboration with respective partners and donors.
- To ensure quality and effective Education programme implementation of BRAC Tanzania.
- Lead quality educational project development for long term sustainability of BRAC Tanzania
- Ensure developing operational plans of the existing Education projects, budgeting for new initiatives & proper utilization of the budget and timely donor reporting.
- Facilitate the education team for effective programme delivery. Take necessary initiatives to improve the quality of programme delivery on time.
- Keep up to date with the education sector development, and ensure work is being carried out on current frameworks of best practice in the education sector.
- Maintain close liaison with the donors, Stakeholders, central and provincial Government Offices (Ministry of Education and other ministries) and other internal and external authorities regarding
- Facilitate to develop training materials & modules, business plan and other printing materials for BRAC Education programme.
- Ensure proper logistics supports to the Education programme.
- Coordinate and communicate with other internal programmes (HR, communication, finance, research etc) of BRAC Tanzania and BRAC International regarding Education programme development.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Excellent programme implementation and management skills through work experience with community-based NGOs in developing countries.
- Masters from any recognizable university with excellent academic record.
- At least five years working experience in the relevant field with minumum three years in managerial positions in renowned organisations(preferably development sector)
- Significant exposure to community-based Education, and development programme at the programmatic and implementation level in developing country setting
- Outstanding people (interpersonal) skills and communications (oral and written) skills; excellent public relations skills and stakeholders relations experiencee
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills obtained through working in educations projects. Ability to simultaneously manage and coordinate multiple tasks involving various stakeholders.
- Established analytical and research skills as well as strong knowledge transfer skills including excellent report writing, editing and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills; work well in a team and individually; enthusiastic, open-minded and adaptive; culturally sensitive and aware
- Experienced to work in challenging rural and urban field locations
Computer skills: Experienced user of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google
Job Location: BRAC Tanzania
Employment type: Contractual
Salary: Negotiabler benefits plea
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application
Candidates can apply online through email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational
grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 31st December, 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.