Community Based Rehabilitation Orthopaedic Technician
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Community Based Rehabilitation Orthopaedic Technician for the Burundian Refugee Response programme based in Kibondo District in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. , S/he will be responsible for the overall establishment and functionalising simple orthopaedic interventions in both camps ensuring simple home adaptations for PSN to help in the home environment adaptations which suit their most immediate and realistic needs, with key relationships extending to Protection team to ensure that Persons with Specific Needs are prioritized in the various sectors.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To work with people with disabilities and their families to determine their needs for assistive devices facilitate access to assistive devices and ensure maintenance, repair and replacement when necessary which includes leading fabrication of wheelchairs and special seating techniques. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring their work respects the Minimum Standards for Age and Disability Inclusion (ADCAP) in ensuring people of all ages with special needs are included and involved in the activities. Moreover, will be response to build capacity of the Incentive workers to mid-level Orthopaedic technicians using an approved curriculum.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for Person with Specific Needs and be able to address their needs for our key audiences to support our reporting. The post holder will provide technical assistance to Kibondo Office including incentive staff.
- A Degree in Orthopaedic Technologist or its Equivalent from a Government recognized institution.
- Member of the National Association of Occupational Therapy. Working knowledge of the CBR Wheelchair training manual
- Experience in inclusive Age and Disability programing and CBR models
- 1 year experience in the refugee response with hands-on service delivery to PSN
- Excellent technical understanding of working with older people and people with disability
- Able to coach, mentor and train staff to undertake
- Good Computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
- Able to communicate both in English and Swahili languages. Knowledge of one or two Burundian refugee’s languages is a plus.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing in English
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to:email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent before Friday 02nd December 2016. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer This will be ongoing recruitment and the right candidate will be contacted on a rolling basis. No certificates need to be sent.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.