Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
MSF Switzerland (MSF-CH) is currently seeking to employ a qualified candidate for the following position: Supply Supervisor
Report to: Supply Manager (if any), Logistics Manager /Logistics Coordinator
Location: Nduta Camp
Essential technical diploma, in supply chain.
Experience: 1-2 years in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs.
Essential mission language. Desirable local language.
2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, gen-eral medicine or minor surgery.
English, Swahili, (fluent, oral & written) required, French is an asset
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Main competencies and knowledge
- People management, commitment, Flexibility, teamwork, Result
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV to the HR department at MSF Switzerland via email firstname.lastname@example.org or To: Administrator, MSF Tanzania, Nduta – please deposit CVs at MSF Offices, Kibondo – MM guesthouse or at Nduta camp CV box latest by 5 p.m. on 30th of November 2016.
Please be sure to indicate in the subject line of your email the position title and reference number
`` Supply Supervisor TZ111-04``.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.