NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH
MUHIMBILI MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE
Assistant project coordinator
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by the Act Parliament No. 23 of 1979 and became operational in 1980. The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)Muhimbili Medical Research Centre is looking for a full time qualified Tanzanian to fill a post of research scientist who will work 100% in a project that is conducted in Major ecosystems in Tanzania. The main roles of the post holder are to collect, analyze report and disseminate data and assist project coordinator to coordinate
the project. This project is a one-health project where animal samples have been collected in the first phase of the study. We are now seeking a medical doctor who shall conduct a human follow-up study, which capitalize on one health and further increased research capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa under the One Health aspect. The project will combine basic research in the field of Treponema infection with capacity building and continued early-career research training. Thus the post holder shall be responsible to isolate laboratory simian and human Treponema strains for basic and applied research in immunology of treponematoses (e.g., translational animal
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the following posts which is required to be filled with highly motivated and competent Tanzanian doctor on contract basis for a period of two years with possibility of renewal. Since this is a capacity building project and follow one health model, the post holder need to show proof of postgraduate admission in any of the university in the country with capacity for culturing treponema strains and conduct molecular testing. The person shall be sponsored to undergo a postgraduate studies while fulfilling project obligations. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Scope of Work:
The overarching objective of the assignment is to provide operational and technical support to the study coordinator and Principal Investigator (Pi) to ensure efficient planning, programming, and monitoring of project activities and to conduct laboratory analysis of Treponema strains. NIMR now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced persons to fill the following available vacancy. Posts
1. Assistant project coordinator
Specific responsibilities will include:
1. Co-ordination and implementation of all day to day project activities as planned.
2. Collect, manage and disseminate study findings
3. Be able to investigate Non-human primates infection in Tanzania and able to train other colleagues in a healthcare facilities on human sampling.
4. Assist in the preparation of the annual work plan of action and budget for the project, in collaboration with the Project Coordination team and with inputs from key stakeholders.
5. Responsible to track project changes and produces updated site based schedule as agreed with the
Principal Investigator and project management.
6. Organize weekly/monthly/quarterly progress meetings for the project, draft minutes of the meetings, and track implementation of the recommendations from the meetings.
7. Assist the project coordination team to establish systems and procedures for smooth implementation of project activities, such as maintaining an up to date list of key contact persons participating in the implementation of the project at different levels.
8. Liaise with the Principal Investigator, coordinator and donors on frequent basis and prepare a
technical and financial report.
9. And any related duties as assigned by Principal Investigator and study coordinator.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Desired Education: Bachelor Degree in medicine, at least two years experience in training healthcare workers and collecting quantitative data collection and management techniques. Experience in working with a research institution will be an added advantage and proof of post graduate admission in any of the university in the country in the area of medical epidemiology, bioinformatics, molecular biology and/or microbiology will be an added advantage.
1. Appropriate GCP training and viable certificate and experience is a must.
2. Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities;
3. Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in a high
pressure on-call environment with changing priorities.
4. Willingness to work outside of normal business hours without extra duty allowances.
5. Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to excel in a multi-tasked team environment and to work independently with
Demonstrated ability to handle working relationships with senior officials and technical experts in
Government and NGOs.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
Strong quantitative and organizational skills.
Proficient in computer applications and database management
Monthly activity reports summarizing status of action plans agreed upon.
Quarterly project progress reports as required under the project.
Agendas for missions, minutes of meetings, list of key persons working on the project.
Student progress report
Post will be based in Morogoro, Dar es Salaam and major national parks and animal reserves with extensive travel upcountry.
Dead line for application
The dead line for application is two weeks from the first date of this advertisement.
Mode of Applications
All applications should be enclosed with verified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
The Centre Director
National Institute for Medical Research
Muhimbili Medical Research Centre
P O Box 3436
Dar Es Salaam, TANZANIA.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.