Strategis Insurance (Tanzania) Limited is the first private specialist health insurer to be registered in Tanzania and licensed by the Insurance Supervisory Department. Strategis aims to provide appropriate and affordable health insurance plans and special emergency evacuation cover for employees and their families, affinity groups and individuals alike.
POSITION: ACTUARIAL EXECUTIVE
Brief summary of tasks:
The position exists to collaborate with the underwriters to assess and help management with forecasting the likelihood of certain events to happen, and also with foreseeing the impact of those events on potential losses for the company when certain claims might occur. Perform data research and set premium rates including product and client profitability analysis.
- Data research and analysis and providing statistical reports to management.
- Assist the Underwriting Manager in Setting of premium rates on an annual basis.
- Calculating possible risk and deciding how much individuals or organisations should pay for insurance (the premium).
- Recommend to Management team, modification of products and strategies to penetrate the market.
- Claims ratio analysis per product, client/group types/markets Reinsurance Treaties management and Reports including Bordereaux checking, analysis and co-ordination with Reinsurers.
Education including specialized training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Sciences.
- Studying towards first or associate level of certification as an actuary is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ work experience in a Medical Insurance set up.
- A strong background in mathematics and statistics.
- General knowledge of business and finance.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis programs and programming languages.
- Oral and written communication skills when preparing reports and giving presentations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Presentation Skills.
Mode of Application:
All applications should have names of three official referees with their contact detail. Applications accompanied by professionally prepared CVs, copies of all supporting documents along with a recent passport size photograph should be submitted not later than 13 December 2016 to the following address.
Human Resources and Administration Manager
Strategis Insurance (Tanzania) Limited
P. O. Box 7893
Dar es Salaam
Or delivered to:
10 Mkadini Road
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.