Program Office: Kasulu, Tanzania
Water Missions Tanzania (WMT) is a Christian engineering ministry. Our mission is to provide access to safe and clean water. As with all positions in the organization, this position is as much a calling as it is a job. The person in this position must feel a clear calling from God and a heartfelt passion for our mission. The person must have the ability and be willing to fulfill multiple responsibilities. Under the direction of Project Engineer and/or Country Director, technicians are responsible for installing water treatment system in remote communities. This position requires that the person resides in Kasulu area and travelling to remote locations and work for longer periods of time.
Position: Senior Technician
Location: Kasulu with frequent travels to the field
Duties and responsibilities
Work under the Project Engineer to ensure that projects are successfully installed and properly maintained by performing tasks such as, but not limited to:
- Mobilizing and overseeing community volunteers and/or sub-contractors in project preparation by, constructing shallow wells, digging trenches for pipes, and constructing houses for water treatment systems.
- Installing water treatment systems which including; pumps, filters, chlorinators, and solar panels.
- Installing water storage tank, piping, electrical cables, water meters, conduit, and tap stands.
- Training local system operators.
- Project reporting, including taking photographs and recording testimonials.
- Monitoring quality testing and assisting with borehole/spring/well yield tests.
- Read and understand Engineering Drawings.
Minimum education and work experience
- Technical Degree or University Degree
- Minimum five years of work experience in a technical field (preferably related to Water Systems).
- Specialized technical skills (such as plumbing, welding, electricians, or builder)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English and Swahili).
- Good computer and photography skills.
- Valid driving license.
• Consistent lifestyle and behavior that bears a good witness to the Christian faith.
• A level of impeccable integrity and stewardship that demonstrates to those who invest in WMT a sense of security and trust that their gifts are well used and invested
• Must be standards and detail- oriented with ability to plan ahead.
• Willingness to travel to remote places
Candidates who meet the above requirements should Email their applications and attach a copy of current CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well expected Net Salary and names and contact information of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Please Title your email: Application – Senior Technician.
Only Short listed candidates will be contacted.
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.