Job title: Litigation Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Head of Legal & Company Secretary
Client: BankingRole Purpose
The Litigation Manager is responsible for management of all legal risks. Primarily responsible for
managing Litigation (potential and actual) with the main focus on legal recoveries and support
the Head of Legal and to ensure that best practice is adopted with regard to the management of
litigation portfolio. The position holder will work closely with Legal and credit recovery teams to
ensure an integrated approach to recoveries is implemented with measurable TAT to all
Responsibilities & duties
- File legal suits for all accounts identified by or referred to legal from the Head of Credit Recovery i.e. gathering of all significant documents and information through case management plan and setting up a case file to manage the entire process
- Manage other cases including labour, contracts, breach of mandate and others as directed by Head of Legal.
- Prepare of drafts of pleadings and comprehensive instructions/briefs to external lawyers in connection with litigation involving the Bank.
- Responsible for strategic management of external lawyers performance i.e. recommendation for appointment, termination, distribution of instructions and setting of performance review meetings.
- With support from Credit, ensure that legal risk in recovery is minimized by establishing performance based contracts with Debt Collectors, private investigators, valuers and other support functions to support recoveries.
- Ensure that demand notices and statutory notices are issued timely and after an advise from Recovery department.
- Provide timely advise to the business units and management on the issues of law, compliance, corporate governance and legal framework of governing banking industry.
- Review of securities, contracts and all other banking and finance documents on regular basis and in particular when the case is referred for legal recovery measures.
- Proactively identify key legal risks and their mitigation to promote bank’s business objective and sustainability.
- Effective manage fees and other costs associated with litigation.
- University Bachelor’s Degree in Laws (LLB)
- Master’s Degree in any Business related field is an added Advantage
Work experience & skills
- At least 3 years management experience in litigation, Disciplinary & Grievance, Banking Operations, Governance, Contracts and Board
Applications: Send your CV through; email@example.com
Deadline: 15th November 2016
Warning: Any Job Vacancy Requesting Payment For Any Reason is a Scam.