ADMINSTRATIVE AND PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT - IRG LIMITED
Scope of Work
Promoting Tanzania’s Environment, Conservation and Tourism (PROTECT)
Position/Title: Administrative and Procurement Assistant
The PROTECT Project is a five-year USAID-funded project implemented by International Resources Group (IRG) The objective of PROTECT is to address dynamics in Tanzania that threaten biodiversity conservation and inhibit private sector-led growth in the natural resource sector. PROTECT focuses on achieving these objectives by implementing activities in four specific areas: 1) policy, research, and advocacy; 2) institutional strengthening; 3) nature-based economic strengthening; and 4) combat wildlife poaching and trafficking.
The Tanzania PROTECT Project Administrative and Procurement Assistant position is part of a multi-disciplinary team of program development, finance, and other professionals to establish and maintain a strong system and management control for human resources, logistics, office procurement, office accounting and information systems. The Administrative and Procurement Assistant works with the office staff to install and maintain these systems. Specific duties include:
- Managing front office/reception which include routinely liaising via email, and telephone with partners, home office personnel, Program Team officers and others to support program activities.
- Operate and maintain office equipment in good working order.
- Help prepare project reports/deliverables and archive the documents.
- Manage procurement of office needs for successful and smooth office operation.
- Coordinate daily and weekly transportation schedules with the Driver to help organize vehicle schedule.
- Assist with the coordination of travel logistics for the Program Team.
- Coordinate and ensure timeliness of logistics and transportation requirements.
- Administer visa and logistical support for visiting consultants and foreign staff.
- Prepare and submit international visitors’ documents to the security company, at least four days prior to arrival.
- Under supervision, develop the briefing booklet for visiting consultants
- Maintain and update office inventory.
- Maintain strong guidelines regarding the use of program assets.
- Actively contribute to information sharing within the Tanzania PROTECT Project.
- Implement a system of asset control that accounts for all reportable assets acquired under the program. Project inventory should be updated on a regular basis.
- Assist the Administration and Finance Manager on procurement of office services, and Hotel for conferences and training activities. This include maintaining a list of potential office services providers, sending out RFQ, and preparing relevant procurement documents as specified in the procurement manual.
- Prepare required documentation for requests related to the government entities and/or representatives involved in PROTECT activities and ensure compliance with the “Foreign Corrupt
Practices Act” procedures
- Assist the Administration and Finance Manager in maintaining procurement files, both hard and electronic copies
- Assist Administration and Financein hiring local consultants.
- Handle petty cash: make payments, provide advance petty cash to staff, keep good record of expenses, and prepare reimbursements.
- Perform other tasks as directed by her/his supervisor and/or the Chief of Party.
1. Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
2. At least two (2) years of operations or administration experience in a high-paced, professional office (USAID project experience preferred)
3. Demonstrates understanding of USAID policies and procedures, rules and regulations for finance, procurement
4. Good command of spoken and written English
5. Experience with budgeting and procurement desirable
Interested candidates must submit cover letter updated CV with three referees to email@example.com . not later than Friday,13/1/2017 at 17.00 hours.Only selected candidates will be contacted