ADMINISTRATION / LOGISTICS OFFICER-080320
ADMINISTRATION/ LOGISTICS OFFICER
Acacia Mining seeks to employ an Administration/ Logistics Officer based at the Kisumu Office in Kenya. This role reports to the Section Leader Administration & Logistics and the role holder will be accountable for admin/ logistics support functions for the Acacia Kisumu office. Working closely with the Section Leader Admin/ Logistics, the incumbent must ensure that Fleet, Stores & and Asset Management is optimal at all times. The person will also act as the head driver of all vehicles.
This is a one year fixed term contract role, with the work roster being five (5) days on and two (2) days off.
• Collects quotations and bids from the market as assigned by the Section Leader and ensures fair competition and strictly adheres to Acacia Procurement rules regarding vendor relations.
• Preparation of status reports on deliveries for Kisumu and Musoli offices and recipient of supplies.
• Assist Section Leader Administration & Logistics with asset management.
• Identify assets during the course of procurement and update records accordingly.
• To support the procurement and sample expediting by compiling correspondence letters that relate to the procurement operations.
• To check all documents that are needed in imports and exports procedures so it can align with Kenyan regulations.
• Purchase of office supplies.
• Act as the head driver for all company vehicles.
• General management of Acacia vehicles in co-operation with the Section Leader Administration & Logistics and the assigned drivers.
• Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle and ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation.
• Continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets and responsible for monthly compilation and submission of log-sheets.
• Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking, including coordination with gas station(s).
• Organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files. Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner and report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis.
• Track vehicle expenses and file Monthly Vehicle Consumables sheets for each vehicle separately.
• Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies etc. and responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
• Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
• Identify assets during the course of procurement and log in to hard copy and soft copy Asset registers.
• Update the electronic Assets database monthly and provide an electronic copy to management, ensuring that a hard copy is printed, signed and filed in the assets file.
• Advise colleagues on guidelines of Acacia Asset and Equipment use guidelines.
• Ensure all lost, damage, sold, stolen (or other) items are properly recorded with an approved Disposal of Assets form. Ensure any necessary supplementary documentation is completed.
• Inform the Section Leader Administration & Logistics of any broken, damaged or destroyed equipment.
• Update inventory records with all the receipts / issues of inventory items from the Acacia store.
• Maintain inventories of all Kisumu and Musoli premises (non-expendable properties) and conduct regular checks (quarterly).
• Maintain the inventory and prepare the reports on a daily basis.
• Travel to Musoli from time to time to inspect goods delivered directly to the field.
• Interact with suppliers in the receiving and inspection of goods and issuing of Goods Received Notes.
• Receive the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request.
• Inspect goods upon delivery and reject inadequate, broken, low quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order.
• Dispatch goods from the warehouse using appropriate Acacia procedures, Waybills and gate passes and update Stock Records and generate, and file the commodities movement way bills and gate passes accordingly.
• Assist as required with logistics in the Kisumu and Musoli office and guesthouse daily workloads.
• Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors and assist in troubleshooting potential Logistics problems during daily business.
• Other tasks as assigned from time to time.
• Secondary School Leaving Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in any business discipline (Administration/ HR/ Logistics/ Accounting) will be an advantage.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a similar role
• Minimum 2 years’ experience running remote camps and offices
• Experience in exploration or extractive industry would be ideal.
• Experienced and Licensed driver (manual transmission)
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Microsoft Office knowledge
• Must be organized and detail oriented
• Must have excellent written and communication skills in English
• Fundamentals of Procurement and Logistics
• Knowledge of vehicle fleet management
• Office management and administration
• Time management scheduling and planning
CLICK HERE TO APPLY