Azania Bank Limited is the first indigenous private bank in the United Republic of Tanzania, formerly known as 1st Adili Bancorp Limited established in 1995 following the liberalization of the banking sector. The Bank is currently owned over 90% by Pension funds Azania Bank Limited being a full commercial bank offers a range of banking services, which includes funds transfers domestically and internationally through TISS, Western union and Money gram. At Azania Bank Limited Customers can open Current (Business/ Cheque) accounts and various savings accounts for SMEs, Children and students. Azania Bank Ltd offers a wide range of loan products, such as business loans, Consumer loans and Mortgage facilities.
1.1 MANAGING DIRECTOR
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Managing Director is responsible for providing a strategic direction to the bank by ensuring effective and efficient operations across the bank network.
1.1.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide strategic advice .and guidance to the Chairman and the members of the Board, to keep them aware of development within the Industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the bank's mission and objectives whiles complying with all relevant statutory and other regulations;
• Provide leadership in the provision of effective and efficient operations across the bank's network;
• Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plans and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the bank attains its objectives at cost-effectively and efficiently as possible;
• Oversee the preparation of the Annual Reports and Accounts of the bank and ensure their timely submission and approval by the Board;
• Familiarize with the regulatory guidelines framework of Bank of Tanzania;
• Coordinate and propose the delivery of technology based solutions which enable and support all aspects of the bank's business plan in a timely and cost effective manner;
• Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the bank;
• Develop a performance based management culture and assume full responsibilities for the bank's day-to day-operations;
• Oversee and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met and that revenue flows are maximized;
• Manage the risk arising from frauds to ensure that they are eliminated by proactively examining the process environment in which the bank operates and providing strategic guidance on future operations; and
• Plan and direct cash Operations in the bank's Central Currency Unit and ensure branches are served and risk of keeping idle cash is minimized.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master's Degree either in Business Administration, Strategic Management, Financial Management, Marketing or related field from recognized university. .
• Bachelor's Degree either in Banking, Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing or related field from recognized university.
• Must be either an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (AClB), Certified Public Accountants (CPA),
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or related qualification.
• A Minimum of 10 years working experience in banking operations 5 years of which should be in a senior managerial position in banking operations. .
• Demonstrable experience in leadership and strategic management.
• Ability to handle numerous diverse projects to tight timescale in a rapidly changing environment.
• A sound knowledge in IT management systems.
• A wide knowledge of the banking Industry.
• Must be familiar with corporate banking law, regulations and management best practices.
• Excellent people leadership and management skills.
• Self-driven an.' results-oriented, ability to work conscientiously independently, efficiently and effectively.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills (English & Swahili)
• Willingness to live and practice the core values of the bank.
• Detailed knowledge of financial accounting, banking operations and risk management practices.
• High level of integrity and honesty.
• Awareness and investigative behavior of the bank's operations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Operations.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Age between 35 to 45 'years.
1.1.4 NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed term contract renewable once subject to good performance and delivery.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution's Salary Scale.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants must attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of academic certificates; ? Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; ? Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts; ? Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; , ? Computer Certificate; Professional certificates from relevant Authorities;
- Form VI and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted;
- Testimonials and all Partial Transcripts will not be accepted;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
- Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU),
- The attachments shall include one recent passport size photo, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and the applicant's birth certificate.
- Deadline for application is 14 January, 2017
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview,
- Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
- All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by Clicking the Apply here button below