FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries.
Currently, FHI 360 is seeking suitable candidates to fill in the following various positions for the USAID-funded Comprehensive Platform for Integrated Communications Initiative (CPICI) Project in Tanzania. The purpose of the project is to support social and behavior change communication (SBCC) programming that transforms socio-cultural norms and promotes positive practices that lead to the adoption of healthier behaviors.
Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Officer – based in Dar es Salaam
The Senior M&E and KM Officer will ensure appropriate tracking and assessment of all project activities and progress towards achieving project objectives. Working closely with project staff in Regional offices, s/he will report on project outputs and outcomes. S/he will ensure effective data collection, verification, analysis and reporting of project data from the regional offices and from knowledge management and evaluation activities, including research-i.e. formative research, baseline research, and ongoing sentinel surveys. Also, will provide technical support to Government of Tanzania (GoT) and implementing partners (IP) to improve the reliability of SBCC-related data and increase the use of data for planning and providing timely feedback. Additionally, will be responsible for conducting technical assistance and coaching related to monitoring & evaluation and research skills and tools
- Bachelor’s in Statistics, Public health, Sociology, or related field and 7-9 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience
- At least 4 years of experience in supporting M&E and research activities for SBCC public health projects in Tanzania
- Expertise in use of at least one quantitative or qualitative data analysis software package (i.e. R, SAS, Stata, NVivo, Atlas T.I.)
- Experience with use of database or MIS applications (i.e. DHIS2, Microsoft Access, OpenMRS, Open LMIS)
- Experience with mobile data collection platforms (i.e. Qualtrix, Open Data Kit (ODK)) or techniques (i.e. SMS, interactive voice response (IVR), ACASI)
- Familiarity with geospatial software (i.e. ArcGIS
- Strong communication and writing skills required
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume of work flow
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili
- Relevant computer software skills, including MS word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Send your Application, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees to: Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Human Resources Department, FHI360 P.O. Box 78082 Dar es Salaam Closing date: April 22, 2017 Only short listed candidates will be contacted. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer